Updated May 26th, 2020
Due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, we will be re-opening on a limited basis starting Monday, May 18th, 2020. We will be treating patients with acute conditions only for the current time. The purpose of this is to help ease the burden on the medical community, and limit potential exposure to COVID-19. Safety measures taken include limiting the number of people in the building, limiting the number of therapists working at any given time, wearing gloves and a mask.
We ask that all patients please follow these safety guidelines while in our clinic:
- All who enter the building must wash their hands immediately.
- Patients are asked to wear face masks per state recommendations, and there is hand sanitizer throughout the building.
- Patients are asked to wait in their cars or in the parking lot until notified for their appointment.
We are a clinic that believes in the natural healing ability of the body. We are also science-based. Current research shows that the population most at risk of severe symptoms include but are not limited to people who are 60 years of age and older, have respiratory issues including asthma, cardiovascular conditions, epilepsy, are immunosuppressed, have underlying autoimmune factors and obesity. These individuals are at a higher risk of severe illness. As acupuncturists and massage therapists, we have a commitment to the health of ourselves, our family and our staff, a privilege to do the best for our patients and a strong public health obligation to the community at large.
VAMT COVID-19 Guidelines:
No one (staff member or patient) should come into the office and enter a 2-week self-quarantine if they or anyone they have been in contact with exhibits any of the following symptoms:
- Fever (+100.4)
- Cough (Productive or Non-Productive)
- Bronchitis or Respiratory Infection
- Sore Throat
- Shortness of Breath
- Digestive Complaints, including Vomiting or Diarrhea
- Severe fatigue not associated with travel, myalgia and/or arthralgia
- Anyone exhibiting these symptoms should enter a 2-week self-quarantine
- Any patient or staff member should not come into the office and they should also enter a 2-week self-quarantine if their history includes:
- Respiratory or pulmonary disease
- Smoking, current or past
- High blood pressure & anyone currently on an ACE inhibitor or other medications(s) related to high blood pressure
- Chronic illness or compromised immune function, including chronic colds/illness this winter
- History of heart disease
- GI disorders (Crohn’s, colitis, etc.)
It is our recommendation that you enter a 2-week self-quarantine if you or anyone you know:
- Have any symptoms of COVID-19
- Are waiting to be tested for COVID-19
- Are waiting for test results for COVID-19
- Have tested positive for COVID-19
- Have traveled on an airplane in the past 2 weeks
Please know that we continue to monitor the current situation extremely closely and that these guidelines are subject to change in response to current recommendations, laws, and regulations. Thank you for your patience during this turbulent time, and we hope you are all safe and healthy.
The Village Acupuncture and Massage Therapy team